Location: North Island Secondary School, Port McNeill
Time: 9:00 AM
This day is broken into two parts:
- Morning session with grade/subject groupings;
- Afternoon session with school staffs.
Morning Session Groups:
- Grades K-3 – Room 110
- Grades 4-7 – Room 108
- Grades 8-9 in subject areas – self-selected:
- Humanities – Room 106
- Math/Science – Room 104
- PE/Outdoor Ed – Room 102
- Shop/Foods – Room 101
- Art/Music/Drama – Room 100
The morning session is designed around the following questions:
- What do we already have in place that will continue to work with the new curriculum?
- What unique teaching strategies/devices/plans can we share with each other?
- What resources do we already have (personal or institutional) that can be repurposed?
- What planning format(s) should we use? (suggestions provided)
Afternoon Session Groups:
- ABES – Room 102
- AJES – Room 101
- CES – Room 100
- EVES – Room 108
- ELC – Room 106
- FRES – Room 104
- NISS – Learning Commons
- PHSS – Drama Room
- SEJSS – Room 111
- SES – Room 110
The afternoon session is a time for school staffs to collaborate together on a direction for the New Year.
Questions to focus on will be:
- What structures do staff members need in place to support the new curriculum and how do we get there? (i.e.: collaboration time, grade group meetings, assessment planning)
- What resources are available at the school and how can they be repurposed for the new curriculum?
- Is there an opportunity/appetite for sharing students to take advantage of staff strengths?
- Is there an overarching direction the staff want to see the school take in implementing the new curriculum?