The VINTA Pro-D Committee of June 07, 2017 passed a motion that:
- In the 2017-18 school year a VINTA member can apply for individually directed Pro-D expense amount of $600.
- And in the 2017-18 school year a VINTA member can apply for 2 TTOC days to attend an individual directed Pro-D activity.
How to get reimbursed for Pro-D Expenses:
- Obtain an application form (yellow) from your School Pro-D Representative or Click Here: Pro-D Application Form
- Complete the application form and give a copy to your A.O.
- Forward the original application form to the Superintendent at the School Board Office. Applications must be received (date stamped as received) a minimum of five days prior to the activity.
- The Superintendent will return the original application form to applicant indicating whether or not the necessary leave has been granted and the School Board Office will forward a copy of the application to the VINTA Office.
- After the Pro-D event, submit the original approved application with the ‘Actual Column’ completed with receipts to the VINTA Office for payment.
- The following receipts must be submitted with approved original Pro-D application form for payment:
– transportation (air, bus, train, ferry),
– event registration fees,
No receipts necessary for meals or mileage.
- If plans are changed or event cancelled, inform your A.O. and VINTA immediately.
NOTE: Only expenses submitted on the appropriate application form in the ‘Actual’ column with the appropriate receipts shall be considered for payment.
Types of Pro-D Activities:
- Self Directed Pro-D. Available on Provincial Day or School Based Day when the teacher’s attendance is not essential for the planned activity. There will be no costs associated with this activity.
- Individual Pro-D. Available for attending workshops/non-credit courses/visitations within or outside the district. Up to 25% of individual Pro-D allotment can be used for the purchase of materials.
- District Directed Pro-D. Available when Individual Pro-D has been exhausted, unusual circumstances, funding of educationally-oriented activities for teachers, exchange teachers or when expenses of a workshop exceed $800. One may also access the District Directed fund to use with Individual Pro-D. Mentoring Program is District Directed.
- School Committee. Available to schools for funding Pro-D involving one or more staff members working towards a goal established by the staff as a whole. Up to 25% of allotment can be used for the purchase of materials that must be kept in the school.